So a lot has happened in the last week and a half since my last post...

All of the floors in my house have been replaced. The entryway now has a fancy new tile makeover, along with the kitchen and the bathrooms. The living room, dining room, hallway and office have had some gorgeous engineering hardwood laid down. And lastly, the bedrooms have been re-carpeted. I promise you'll get some photos soon.

I was fortunate enough to get invited to go on a canoe trip with some of the ADCOs and their Russian counterparts that were in town. A bunch of us (16) took a day trip to Piney Woods to go canoeing on the river near there. I must say I had an awesome canoe partner, the kind that just likes to hang around in the back and cause trouble.

Josh took the majority of the photos on his camera and was fortunate to upload them to his gallery. Of course I had to steal them all and provide them on my own photo gallery for your viewing pleasure.


Canoe Trip

This week we launched another space shuttle. The purpose of this mission is to bring up the new Japanese laboratory module, or JPM as us nerds call it. While I'm not scheduled to work in Mission Control for this flight, I'm the Team 4 person for THOR which means that if things go really wrong I can get called in to support those guys working console in whatever way they need.

My Krav Maga martial arts classes and the whole diet thing have been going well, I've lost another 5 lbs! That brings me down about 20 pounds overall in the last couple months. Not Bad!

There may be a few other things off in the distance, but I'll just let you sit and wonder for a while.

0 comments: